How's this for spooky: Halloween is over and it's time to start thinking about holiday gifting. Before you sigh too loudly, we’re here with an epic giving guide to make everyone feel “at home.” Whether it’s a Thanksgiving feast with the in-laws, Hanukkah lighting and latkes with the cousins, or a wonderful snow-covered Christmas, you’re going to need a good gift for your hosts (and likely for many others on your list, too). Gone are the days of bringing a bottle of wine or making a last minute 7-11 run on the way to your celebration. Since the SBP team spends a LOT of time in listings, we’re uniquely qualified to know what makes a house a home. So, here’s the ultimate SBP Gift Guide — HOME EDITION.
Gourmet Treats & Tools for the Food Lover
- Curated Gift Box: Flamingo Estate has a variety of luxe gift boxes with oils and vinegars from their estate, as well as candles, body products and more.
- ‘Cheese’ Cake: For cheese aficionados, Murray's 'Better Than Cake' tower is a decadent trio of Fromage D’Affinois, Saint Andre Triple Cream Brie and Brillat Savarin Triple Cream Brie.
- Hot Sauce Trio: For those who love heat, Señor Lechuga's small-batch hot sauce collection features their three original sauces handmade in Brooklyn.
- Party Coupes: Everyone should have a set of fun party cups. These coupes from Our Place are playfully squatty, delightfully durable and even stackable.
- Olive Oil Set: Brightland's olive oil gift boxes house their signature gold and green varieties of fresh California olive oil, derived from heirloom olives.
- Smart Herb Garden: The Click & Grow smart herb garden allows even novice gardeners to easily grow basil, thyme and other herbs right on the kitchen counter.
- Dessert Plates: Ceramic painted dessert plates from Laetitia Rouget (handmade in France, no less) make any sweet treat a work of art.
Luxury Linens & Blankets for the Homebody
- Linen Bedding: Parachute's soft European flax linen bedding will upgrade any bedroom with breathable comfort.
- Linen Duvet: Layer their bed with Parachute's linen duvet cover, woven from pure European flax for a luxe feel.
- Frayed Linen Napkins: Dress up the dining table with Jenni Kayne's chic frayed linen napkins in a range of neutral tones.
- Linen Table Set: Material's linen table set includes napkins and placemats for an elegant, everyday tablescape.
- Lambswool Blanket: Brooklinen's plush lambswool throw blanket provides lightweight warmth for the bed or couch.
Gadgets for the Coffee Lover
- Sleek Coffee Maker: This Moccamaster 10-cup coffee maker from Technivorm allows precise control for the perfect morning brew.
- Coffee Subscription: Give the gift of a coffee subscription from Trade, featuring artisan beans from roasters across the country each month.
- Smart Mug: The smart Ember coffee mug allows temperature control via app, keeping your coffee hot for hours.
- Cold Brew Concentrate: Satisfy their taste for cold brew with Explorer’s variety pack in varying caffeine levels.
- Compact Espresso Machine: For espresso lovers, the compact Bambino espresso machine from Breville quickly heats up and pulls rich shots.
Personalized Accessories for the Party Host
- Custom Matches: Elevate their hosting game with custom matchboxes from For Your Party featuring a whimsical design, name or a clever phrase.
- Customized Candle: Personalize their home fragrance with a candle from Le Labo featuring their name on the label.
- Monogrammed Cheese Board: Every host needs a good cheese board. This monogrammed marble & wood one from Mark & Graham makes an elegant addition to any spread.
- Custom Notecards: Papier’s custom notecards are the perfect and always needed gift for someone who’s big on thank you notes.
Unexpected Scents for the Candle Lover
- Black Forest Candle: Archipelago's Black Forest candle evokes evergreen forests with notes of fir needle, pine, cedarwood and moss — perfect for fall.
- Bois de Rose Candle: Voyage et Cie’s 4éme Marais "Bois de Rose” fills the room with an aroma of fresh cut roses tempered with hints of leather and pepper.
- Bibliotheque Candle: Byredo's Bibliotheque candle imparts warm, sweet scents of peach, plum and vanilla with notes of leather and birch.
- Roma Heirloom Tomato Candle: Flamingo Estate’s Roma Heirloom Tomato candle is meant to transport you to late summer evenings spent in Sicilian gardens. Yes, please.
- No.04 Bois de Balincourt Candle: No.04 Bois de Balincourt from Maison Louis Marie captures the essence of a walk in the woods with notes of cedarwood and fig.